* Other parents’ assurances: “Don’t worry, all kids do this sort of thing, they’ll grow out of it!”
* Relative’s input: “It’s amazing how Johnny is the spitting image of you and how he gets up to just as much mischief as you used to!”
* Their own memories: “She was the most wonderful baby, she’s bound to grow out of this stressful phase sooner or later”.
* Telling her how much you love, cherish and adore her.
* Assuring her how much you admire the courage and determination she has shown in taking on such a difficult task as stepparenting.
* Letting her know (often!!) how much you appreciate that she has chosen to tackle this situation together with you.
* Being there for her when she needs you.
* Reassuring her that no matter what, together you will find a way through any difficulties.