Continuing with our '10 STEPS TO SUPPORTING YOUR PARTNER' series, here is Step 7:
What are the necessities of life?
The obvious and tangible necessities are:
physical safety, a roof over our head, healthy food in our tummy, a job that provides financial security, the knowledge that medical care is available should it be needed, and so on…..
The less obvious and intangible, yet equally important necessities are:
* A feeling of value and worth – so that we can feel proud of ourselves.
* Other people’s respect – so we know others think highly of us.
* The knowledge that we are contributing – so we feel we are making a difference in this world.
* Satisfying communication – so we can verbalise our thoughts and feelings and clear up any misunderstandings.
* Appreciation – so we know our efforts are noticed and considered worthwhile.
* Love – so we know we are not alone in the world.
All these are not only important to you but also to your partner. Be sure you
supply them with an abundance of those necessities.
Please return for Step 8 of our '10 STEPS TO SUPPORTING YOUR PARTNER' series.